- Create Create a mobile friendly website to supplement your resume.
- Personalize Select the features you want to highlight.
- Implement Add a QR code to your resumé and leave the employer feeling as if they already know you.
Adding a QR code to your resumé can help you:
- First, you want to stand out. Adding a QR code to your resumé will differentiate you from other job candidates and show you think outside the box.
- Second, you want to sell yourself. Use this as a platform to convey the value you’ll bring to a company in the form of a video or essay.
- Third, you want to showcase your work. Link the QR code to pictures, awards, videos, and explanations about your past accomplishments.
Think about the power of using a QR code to link your resumé to:
- References, Link your resumé to testimonials from references. Image the power a video testimonial can have in convincing an employer to hire you!
- Portfolio, Allow a potential employer to learn more about the experiences you have listed on your resumé by linking to pictures, videos, or work samples you have created.
- Personality, Words don’t always tell the whole story. Use your Smartphone video camera to create a brief “welcome” message with your “quick pitch” on the value you can bring to a company.
Never again will you feel like your resumé doesn’t adequately explain your value!
- Create a video of your elevator pitch
- Showcase your portfolio
- Bring your references to life
- Elaborate on your work history
- Show you are creative
Most importantly, you can do all of this without spending a lot of time or money! And it’s easy to use. If you can build a Facebook profile then you’ll be able to build a LocalPlugs site. If you get stuck, don’t worry, we are here to help!
Subscribe to LocalPlugs and give yourself an advantage in the crowded job market!